Urba Law also defends employment law cases across all of New York State on behalf of small employers
Experienced employment lawyers prosecute and defend employment law claims.
- Performance improvement plans – maybe you would like to give an employee another chance but want some protection, in writing, if things don’t work out?
- Disability accommodations and sick leave – maybe an employee has just asked you for an accommodation and you are not quite sure about best practices to deal with that?
- Severance agreements or legal counsel about non-compliant employees. Maybe you hired someone. They are not working out. But if you fire them you have a feeling they might sue you. You would like an experienced employment lawyer to help draft a severance or separation agreement. You would also like to discuss how much, if anything, you should pay them. Having gone through this before, consulting with legal counsel may help you sleep better.
Video transcript where Jonas Urba talks a little about why no reason is a good reason for “at will” employee terminations:
I’m Jonas Urba, a New York employment lawyer here with Employment Law Reality Check. Most employees are “at will.” Government employees, union employees, and ones with private contracts have some protection. But all other employees can be fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. Call some employment lawyers with your employment issue. I’m Jonas Urba, I serve the entire state of New York and I can be reached at (212) 731-4776. Attorney Advertising.
Do you need a defense lawyer for an employment law claim?
- Have you been served with a complaint from New York State’s Division of Human Rights alleging employment discrimination?
- Have you been served with a federal complaint in one of New York’s federal district courts including the SDNY, EDNY, NDNY, or WDNY alleging employment discrimination?
- Have you been served with a federal complaint in one of New York’s federal district courts including the SDNY, EDNY, NDNY, or WDNY alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act which often include unpaid overtime claims.
Urba Law PLLC handles employment litigation matters for small employers hundreds of miles from New York City.
Employment Defense litigation includes but is not limited to:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Federal Rehabilitation Act
- The New York State Human Rights Law known as The Executive Law
More than 50 videos are posted on a YouTube channel called Employment Law Reality Check.
The “no reason is a good reason” video, applicable to every “at will” employee, was one of Urba Law’s first videos in 2018. This is still the law. But many small businesses fail to examine the facts concerning particular employees and that’s where the problems start.